Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

Post Sixty-Four: Designing

So I'm sitting around and I realize that I need another large knitting project to do. So I figure maybe it's about time I start working on those hats I said I was going to make way back at like the start of the marching season.

Here's my measurements/notes:
28" around before the brim flare
7" from top to pre-flare/bottom of actual head space
6 sections which spread from .25" to 4.5" in that 7" space
11" from top to end of back flare along that seam
10" from top to front point
8.5" along front seam of middle sections
9.25" along their back seams
Chain across front is 12" from button to button
Plume is 19" long
Crest is 2.5" high and 3.75" wide at base, 2.25 at top, fits in 3" above front point
12" straight line from front point to back center seam
Seams are visible, but center seam covered by plume

My head is 22" around midway up my forehead. Hmm...which means somewhere up there, it's gotta be that, ish. This's gonna be fun. Now I just gotta get my hands on some white, gold, and purple-feathery yarns. I have no idea how much I'll need of each.

Other than this, I have been knitting lots of wristies. Obsessively. I have one design I particularly love now with two rows of k2tog, yo in the center. I'll have pics up as soon as I have some. But right now, I'm lazy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info