Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Post Sixty-One: Herbage! ^_^

Before we get to the main focus of this blogging, let us gaze upon the glory of my Prom shoes, which are pair #28 in my ever-growing collection: Aren't they adorable? Gold and strappy without being whorish. I love my shoes. ^_^ If there is anything definitely coming back with me from France, it will be shoes. I guarantee it.

But on to the herbs. I have recently acquired three herb babies; a plant each of Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis), Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), and Peppermint (Mentha piperita). This afternoon, well, like fifteen minutes ago, I repotted them into their own cute little pots. Well, the pot the Thyme is in is rather monstrous, due to my own limited pot stash *snicker*, but still. Voici mes plantes:
See here, this first beauty is my Lemon Balm. Smells great. Discovered this morning he doesn't like the sun overly much. Gave me a little panic; I thought he was gonna die!


Our next little display here is my Thyme in its gargantuan pot. Seems to be rather at home, though, so I shan't complain. As long as my baby's happy. It's already started propagating, damnit! So it's gonna need to be separated off before it takes over the kitchen, methinks.



Next up is the lovely Peppermint. I do believe this one is my favorite to look at. It's just so nonconformist in its growing space! Wherever it wants to flop those stalks, it does. Not that I have favorites; I love all my plant babies; even the peas that I planted a week ago that aren't up yet. Oh well. They'll come up eventually, right? Right???

Well, anyway, in other news, I was supposed to clean my room this week while we were on Spring Break. And practice my instrument. And probably some other things. What did I do? Sit on my bum and kick around the internet, go to Gramma's and knit/shop, and stare at my ceiling. Oh, and find out that two of my dearest friends have died.

Yes, that's right. Died. And I had the good fortune to stumble upon their corpses myself. Theirs and the other twenty or so around them. And I have pictures. From the day after. I didn't think there would be any reason to have brought my camera when I found them. But this is pretty much what I saw that day:
These are the trees which have sheltered me in so much of my life. They are the place where the ties between the Three of Cups were forged and tightened. They are -or were- so much to me and to us...and now...there they are. Corpses. And that isn't the full extent of the damage. No, there are others. It looks much worse when you get close to it. Close to Shaun and Janiera, the two trees I grew close enough to to be told their names. Imagine that; walking up to visit friends only to find them hacked to pieces and lying bleeding on the ground. I don't have to imagine it; I was there. And worse yet is the fact that the rest of the Grove may go any day now. It was still standing when I went this morning, but even now, it may have fallen. I wish I had more pictures of them the way they were, but all I have is one shot from my cell phone which only has a few trees in it, and one of Steve hiding behind a tree. Which, might I add, is also one of the corpses now lying on the ground.

And, of course, the stupid image-poster thing is not allowing me to post the other images. Screw it, I'll do it tomorrow. Or whenever.

Comments:
I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info