Monday, April 10, 2006

 

Post Fifty-Nine: Seriously?

So I was sitting in Physics this past Friday, and Nikki, my oddball little basson-playing friend, reminded me I told her that if she bought the yarn and whatever other supplies I required, I would knit her the Snowball's Chance in Hell armwarmers from The Anticraft. So I said "Oh yeah..." and we got online and checked it all out, and I helped her pick out colors and stuff (don't worry, we kind of had a free day, so we weren't slacking off or anything this time, not really, anyway...) and she's gonna work on getting those for me to start. And taking the appropriate measurements. My reward? Getting to knit something I was curious about anyway, without worrying about screwing them up too bad, and she's gonna get an extra ball of the yarn for me, too, just to play with. Well, it's a just-in-case ball, but I don't foresee needing it. She's got little arms like mine.

Then, when I was complaining about how I'm sick of knitting my Waiting Scarf, she says, "Will you make me an Ugly Scarf?" And I stared at her. She kinda looked sheepish, and muttered some things about knowing how much work it was to make scarves and stuff and that it was a stupid question and stuff and that I was already gonna be making armwarmers...and I still stared. And I was like "Seriously?" and she was like "Well, yeah, if you want," and I was all like "Damn straight I will!"

Seriously, how do I turn down someone who has asked for an Ugly Scarf? And actually wants it hideous? That is like the highest knitterly honor I have ever gotten, to be asked for one of my Ugly Scarves. I'm so freaking excited, too. Heh. Now the surprise comes in what the hell I make it out of...And Nikki shall not see it until the day it is finished. So it shall be a Surprise Ugly Scarf. Excellent.

Now then, just to finish that damned Waiting Scarf! Urgh...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info