Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

Post Fifty-Eight: Whining


Yeah. This is an update on the status of my Waiting Scarf. Which I am sick of. I know I'll enjoy it when it's done, but as close as I am to the end, I just wanna quit! But then I'd have these two itty-bitty balls rolling around in my stash instead of one bigass scarf to look at and say "I have triumphed over my stash! I guess now, ironically enough, I am waiting for it to be finished and over with :p.

There it be, with Wisk examining it carefully. That actually is the scarf. With its two measly balls lolling about by the working end. Lovely, isn't it? It is roughly 6' 5" long, according to my dad's bigass tape measure-thing. That's 195.58 cm, for my metric stalkers...I mean readers. The standard system pisses me off. Oh well. I shall soon be spending a week in France, where I shall see metrics everywhere and love it!

Mmm...France...Where I shall also be sharing a glass of wine every night with my best friend and two more of my good friends. And my favorite HS English teacher ever, though she will have her own glass, doubtless. A different wine at every place we eat is our goal. Even if we don't like the first glass. And not to get wasted, either. We honestly want the cultural experience. About France, too; I'm scared of our first day. I'm scared that after however long on the plane, I will be too tired and worn out from the strain of stopping myself from having a panic attack to actually use the French I know I can. It's not the flying that bothers me, rather, I love flying. It is all the people. I have like 8 related social phobias, the simplest of which to pronounce is Agoraphobia. What will keep me sane is being between Steve and Zazi the whole trip. I absolutely could not be that close to strangers for that long. I would be entirely unable to function. With someone near me I really trust, I guess some part of my brain says "They'll protect me" or something, and I'm mostly alright.

And here is a really cute picture of Wisk playing with one of the scarf's balls, just because:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info