Friday, October 21, 2005

 

Post Twenty-Nine: Surprise!




Had to throw in another adorable picture of Wisk, seen here investigating the newest stash enhancement, explained in a little bit. And, if Blogger cooperates, a picture of Spaz on our table near the Sweetest Day gift my totally wonderful boyfriend gave me, a dozen red, long-stemmed roses. Mmm...he really is the sweetest guy ever! Just up and gives me roses. ^-^! Yay! And today, he gave me half a bar of chocolate and a CD, um, let me check who it was real quick..I have to because I've never heard of him before, or likely heard his music. Ah- Chris Botti, To Love Again. I'll have to listen to it soon.
I just recieved a box from someone in Brooklyn, New York that I think was the lady who had offered me some needles and yarn she found unharmed in a garbage can. Knowing that it was dangerous, but believing in the goodness and kindness of strangers, I gave her a mailing address, and poof! Here it is today! A slightly-worn copy of The Step-by-Step Needlecraft Encyclopedia, two wooden, but unmarked, needles and some lovely, fluffy lavender yarn. I feel bad about the intention to rip out the already-done bit of what I believe may have been a wide scarf, but I can't stand the idea of it staying in that messy skein, and, well, I don't need a purple scarf. First in the photo-parade is the entire contents of the box, followed by a skein close-up, the knitting, and the book.
I'm curious as to what the stuff is. I must hunt down that burn test thingy I heard about in the Knitty Coffeeshop. It is lovely and soft, and has like one skinny strand, and lots of wisps off of it. Kind of looks like cat hair.

Mmm...book...
And overall, things are peachy. I'm just not touching the sweater until I get over the fact that I have to rip out everything I've done.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info