Sunday, September 18, 2005

 

Post Twenty-Four: Student Congress

Wow was this ever a blast! I got to see everyone from discussion again, and skipped school for two days, and got to sit on the floor of the Michigan House of Representatives. I sat at a 126-year-old desk in a room of the same age, walked on carpet still beautiful after years of feet. I tread the same paths as generations of legislators and Student Congress members. And I can be one of very few people to say I've knit on the floor of the House. Not the gallery, the floor. Where I started on a sleeve of my sweater.
But it really was just amazing. The Capitol is beautiful, and we pretty much had free reign. I will post pictures and further details when I have more time.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info