Friday, September 02, 2005

 

Post Eighteen: Mangocia

I got a little bit bored today and created a nation. It's here, my beloved Mangocia. I'm borrowing France's flag until I make my own. Because I'm lazy, that's why.

I'm trying to organize the little red three-ring binder I store my knitting patterns and articles in. And my room, but that's getting hard, because I think I'm getting an early start on the sick season already. Ugh. Not much, just a runny nose and that "I'm sick!" feeling. Gotta love it. And I have to march tonight, too. On a chart we just finished yesterday. And I'm front-and-center almost the whole time. Good thing all I have to do are straight lines, or I'd screw it ALL up tonight. We do have the F right now, though, so that's good. But I'm still worried. We are SO bad at the whole straight lines thing. Especially among the tuba/sousaphones, because they have blind spots. And the low brass in general. And the bass drums. Yeah...

But the good news is that there is an afterparty at Charlie's house. It seems that the band is very into the idea of afterparties this year. Last year, it was pep bands, which were a blast because we were out of uniform, free to wander off at any time, could sit with your friends rather than in your section, and always got into the game free. But afterparties could be great. Steffan's was fun last game, and only Josh, Sam and I went. His pool was FREEZING, but not all that horrible. Like the floaty type of cold rather than the get-me-out-NOW type.

Oh, and then I have a party to go to at my Gamma's house with the maternal family tomorrow. And I can bring Josh. If he doesn't have to work. Ooh, speaking of which, I get an entire 8-hour shift next Saturday. It's great. Really! I love working at Wendy's, it's usually lots of fun and it gets me closer to France.

Hmm...something in me is nagging me to practice my flute...oh yes, that would be the music in my veins. And the Band Fagism that has been passed down for four generations in the maternal line. Woo! But something else tells me it won't be tonight. Maybe tomorrow. I really have quite a lot to do, since I'm not coming home between the game and the party. Guess I should get off then, huh?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info