Monday, August 29, 2005

 

Post Sixteen: First Day

Ok, first day of school today. It was OK. Just OK. Teachers are great, didn't overstress myself in band, got most of my books, got some homeowrk, BUT have a total of three classes with close friends and am the only one of my usual group to have first lunch. Ungh. But the plus side of lunch is that it gives me time to catch up with Helen a bit. Haven't seen much of her since she moved and came back, really. Even though we both technically live in town, and work together, and are in the same building for six and a half hours a day. I guess I need to lurk the library more often or something.

I do still have band rehearsal tonight, because we have three or four home games in a row I think. So my Monday and Friday evenings are taken for a while. But I really do love band, I really do; what I hate are the IDIOTS and people who don't care in it. If Miss P tells you to do something, you run to do it, don't mosey across the field. That wastes time. And yes, you will get tired. That is why our gym requirement gets waived if we take four seasons of marching band. Four seasons=one year. But we really do more than the gym classes. I'd like to see them march AND play AND know the chart AND be on the right foot AND breathe properly for all this to occur without passing out. Plus miscellaneous other things.

And I still am not properly sure how Jordan managed to be drum major. I can understand from watching his mace routines, but he confuses the band so much when he gives directions that it makes me wonder. We really aren't as dumb as we might seem from that. And oh, poor Chuck, he went to the wrong spot during our performance Friday. He and Jordan were supposed to be on the 45s, and Chuck was on the35 or so! I would have cried if I'd done that! It would havebeen better had he not been in the way of half the band. Poor Chuck! But he's resiliant; and knowing him, he'll watch that video 20 times and get it perfect for the rest of the season.

I have a confession to make. I bought another pair of shoes yesterday while shopping with Josh, his mom, and his little sister. They are adorable. Little pink heels with white polka-dots and a little pink bow across it. I shall post pictures. And they have made me see that my size range is larger than I thought. They are US Women's 7's and fit well. I would probably have gotten 8's, but the only pair they had was the 7's. Mmm...shoes...I can now officially wear anything from a 7 to a 9, depending on the shoe type and brand. Dress shoes and heels tend to be 8's, and sneakers or tennis shoes tend to be 9's, as are my band shoes. I now own 23 pairs, I believe.

Mmm...off to knit my sweater, and maybe do some homework. Maybe.

(Just kidding. I do my homework. And this early in the game, there's no excuse for not, really. Unless someone dies all of a sudden. And unless Miss P impales Jordan on the mace tonight, I think we're OK for the night.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info