Sunday, August 07, 2005

 

Post Six: Band Camp, etc.

So I had marching band camp this past week. It was fun, but definitely a lot of work. It's always bad switching back to a Soprano mouthpiece from the Bass, but this year I discovered I had gone down to a 2 1/2 reed. I'd been playing on a 3 since sixth grade! Not that it matters, really, because I've been trying to break the darned thing since seventh grade anyway, (Don't tell my director!) and it seems to be invincible. All I've managed to do was lose two pieces of cork off a couple of keys. If you haven't noticed, I hate my soprano clarinet. I'd trade it for any other instrument in an instant if Miss P wouldn't take my head off. Which she would.
I think the dance was the best part, really. Ooh, and squad competition. When we got our squad assingments after tryouts, I ended up with squad G, without trying out. We have 26 squads this year. When we did squad competition, (director gives a command, we follow, if someone in your squad messes it up, you're all out and free to heckle those still in), my squad was in until only four squads were left. I SO did not expect that! My boyfriend and Steffan's and Nikki's squads went down before mine did, and they're seniors that've been SL s before. Yay squad G! You guys rock! It pissed off Zazi that I got a squad, though, because she tried out and didn't get one, and I just helped Alyssa with hers and I got my own squad. I don't get a cord, though, because I was appointed rather than trying out.
As for the dance, I actually danced for most of it for the first time ever. Hung out with Steve and Zazi and Kristabeck and Olivia and random Sophomores most of the night. I didn't know Steve danced! He was a real dance ho! I didn't dance with him, being attached and all, but many other girls did. Even Sam. I didn't think he'd dance with Sam. But the whole thing was a blast.
I really got some great pictures this week. I'll try to remember to get them into my Yahoo album.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info