Wednesday, August 31, 2005

 

Post Seventeen: Three Inches!

I prmoised pictures, didn't I? Well, here: my darling little kitten Spaz making a morning face for the camera. Isn't he just precious? And my sweater-in-progress on my awesome Denise needles from my best-ever Gamma. Oh yes, and the Great Orange Spot, as well.

And this beauty is one of the twelve goblety-things I picked up at a garage sale a bit ago. I'm sure I'll find some time this weekend to put up some of the others I intended to, too. But not right now. Mom's picking me up any second for dinner.

I now have a full three inches (mmm...7.62cm, I think?) done on my Topsecret sweater! And two more blocks on my Waiting scarf. Lots of knitting for me the past couple of days!

As for school, two exciting things: English and band. In English, I am just so excited for the current unit. We are spending roughly the next week or two (maybe three if I check, but I'm too lazy) on various gods, and at least a full day on the idea of a Mother Goddess. Can you say "Pagan"? I'll bet some parents won't be pleased, but too bad. That's what happens in a public school, not everything is how you like it. And it's not in a "convert to this!" sense, but is being connected and done as part of our classical heritage bit. Mostly the Greeks and Romans, but still. Works for me.
Band, band, band! We have almost finished an entire chart for halftime. It's nothing huge or especially intricate so far, but we're doing a good job. Trouble is, we might not have it perfected by Friday night, considering we have no school Friday. But still, it's progress. And I am so very proud of my squad! I don't even have to tell them what to do half the time I should, because they know, and the other upperclassmen help the freshman the instant she looks confused, which I'm super glad for because I can't always see her. They definitely deserve cookies. And Katie asks every day if she can yell "HERE!" during attendance. I love the enthusiasm they have!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info