Saturday, July 23, 2005

 

Post One: Kittens

Well, kittens and Cat, to be fair to my beloved Wisk. I gave up, needed somewhere else to go in my bored times, so here it is. A blog. As if there weren't enough online already.
So I shall introduce the kittens and Cat. Kitten A is a beautiful little blond tabby, by name of Spaz Nathaniel I. When first Spaz and I met, he was, well, a spaz. Still is, and we're conficned that he has both ADHD and an imaginary friend. Kitten B is an adorable little dark gray kitten of the shade I believe they call "blue," hence his name, Blue Oshtemo. Oshtemo because my sibling thinks it's hilarious. Oshtemo. (It's actually a city in Michigan, did you know that?) Both of them are approximately three or four months old. We got them from my Uncle Tracy's house when my sibling and their friend blew up the kitchen of said uncle.
Cat and I believe he deserves his own paragraph. Cat's name is actually Wiskers Ferdinand II. He is a gray tabby with white boots and belly, and a little "M" on his forehead. His coloring is perfect. It is an exact 50/50 split of both his parents. See, Wisk had two older siblings, PitterPaws and Hypurr. Hypurr looked exactly like her mother, Lansing, and PitterPaws exactly like his father, Wonder. Wonder was a gray tabby, dark stripes on a light background, and Lansing was a dark gray solid kitty with white boots and belly and a little M. What? You say you want the entire family tree of my darling Wisk? Certainly! Later. Right now, I'll give you the short version. It began with Marylin, who arrived in our garage pregnant and hungry. So of course, we kept her. She gave birth soon to Midnight (black), Wiskers Ferdinand I (who was, in fact, a classic tabby like his mother), Silky (white with gray patches), and Sebastien (another tabby). Well, Silky and Sebastien were given to my cousins, but Midnight became my sibling's and Wiskers mine. We had, about a year after, another batch, Fluffi (gray tabby) and Stympi (classic). These two had crooked tails and were slightly retarded. Stympi went to the sib, and Fluffi to me, unofficially. Sadly, Stympi drowned in the old well in our basement. We have no idea how he got down there. Then, another batch like the first, except with a solid gray. They were Salem, Walnut, Charcoal, and Wonder. Marylin soon began to have problems with her litters; very few survived. Wiskers disappeared soon after Salem was born. We don't know what happenned to Midnight. Over the years, Walnut disappeared, Charcoal accidently got dropped off in a corn field down the road, and Salem died while I was at summer camp, something I will feel eternally guilty for. Fluffi had a litter of her own, with two kittens, Lansing, and Baby Gray(gray tabby). Baby Gray got hit by a car about a year later.
And on July 2nd, 2000, Wiskers Ferdinand II and his sibs popped into the world behind our dishwasher. To our knowlegde, Wiskers is the only surviving member of his line, and he's fixed. Talk about being the Last of the Mohicans.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info