Sunday, July 31, 2005

 

Post Five: Catching Up

Ok, so I've been at my grandparents' place out in the cornfields (lovely...I wish I lived there again!) since Thursday, so I guess I've got some catching up to do...
First thing, I ordered the yarn off of eBay. Bernat Mirage in midnight hues. Two skeins with USPS shipping and insurance cost me $13.64. Less than what I had figured on spending, so that's OK with me. Now, I got a 29" US 10.5 from my Granma Maleitzke that I'm going to see if it'll work temporarily when my yarn arrives, since I haven't found anything better. But I'm going to have to get to Michael's or JoAnn's sometime before school starts up. I must have that sweater to wear soon! Oh, and I also borrowed "101 To-Go Knitting Projects" from Granma Maleitzke. Which is exactly what I need for the bus rides and at school. I've only ever had one teacher tell me not to knit in her class, and in five years, I think that's pretty good. And she retired this last year, anyway, so I'm good.
I have Band camp this Monday through Saturday, so I won't be around for a while, I think. Oh, and I have a scarf I'm knitting now in k1p1 ribbing to keep my needles busy until all the sweater materials are assembled. Pretty neat yellow/green colored stripes I'm doing. Love it.
Two new knitters entered the world on Wednesday: my boyfriend and his little sister. Yes. My boyfriend. I now date a knitter! Mmm...maybe someday I'll talk him into socks. But I've gotta be sure to caution him against anything but scarves and mittens/gloves for me until we're married, due to the Curse. Just in case, you know...
I have no idea how my babies have been since I left, but they were all awfully glad to see me today. Wisk was in my lap for three hours. Three hours. He doesn't usually last that long! Spaz wanted to be up there, too, but Wisk wouldn't share, so he's here now. I missed them, but Gamma has two MONSTROUS cats by name of Felix and Bear, who are 15.7 and 15.5 pounds, respectively. And they aren't fat, just BIG. And Bear is fluffy. And adorable.
So there. I think I've caught up.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


CURRENT MOON
moon phase info